How do I file a tuition appeal?

`If you receive financial aid of any kind, you must report to the Office of Student Financial Services before proceeding with the following steps.` To file a tuition appeal: - **Drop the classes for which you are appealing.** - You have 75 days from the end of the semester to file an appeal. -Print a Tuition Appeal Form (, **read it carefully** and fill it out completely. - Submit your appeal. - Have all supporting documentation with you when you submit the appeal. (For example: If you dropped the class(es) for medical reasons, you will need to bring paperwork from your doctor supporting the reason you dropped your classes.) - Appeals can be submitted three ways: - Mail: Mott Community College Office of Student Services 1401 East Court Street Flint, MI 48503 Fax: (810) 232-9503 - In person: Office of Student Services Prahl College Center, main campus, Flint You do not qualify for an appeal under the following circumstances: **NO EXCEPTIONS** - Your issue is an academic complaint. Those issues are handled through the division. - You fail to drop your classes before the drop deadline outlined on the class schedule booklet and academic calendar. - Non-payment - you or financial aid didn't pay. - You didn't attend the class. - Your request is based upon the fact that you are accepted into another college or incarceration. - It is passed the 75 day deadline. - If your account is in collections, you will need to file a dispute with the collection agency. Note: All tuition appeals are reviewed by a committee that meets bi-weekly. You will be notified by mail of the results of their decision within 30 days after you have filed your appeal. `Filing a tuition appeal does not guarantee that you will receive a tuition refund. It also does not mean you will be able to register for classes until all past due balances have been removed from your account; either by appeal approval or payment from you.`
See other articles in Financial Aid, Tuition Appeal.