`you receive financial aid of any kind, you must report to the Office of Student Financial Services before proceeding with the following steps.`
To file a tuition appeal:
- **Drop the classes for which you are appealing.**
- You have 75 days from the end of the semester to file an appeal.
-Print a Tuition Appeal Form (http://webserv.mcc.edu/mcc_form_center.shtml), **read it carefully** and fill it out completely.
- Submit your appeal.
- Have all supporting documentation with you when you submit the appeal. (For example: If you dropped the class(es) for medical reasons, you will need to bring paperwork from your doctor supporting the reason you dropped your classes.)
- Appeals can be submitted three ways:
Mott Community College
Student Financial Services
1401 East Court Street
Flint, MI 48503
- In person:
Turn it in to a clerk or Drop Box located on the lower level of the Prahl College Center, main campus, Flint
You do not qualify for an appeal under the following circumstances: **NO EXCEPTIONS**
- Your issue is an academic complaint. Those issues are handled through the division.
- You fail to drop your classes before the drop deadline outlined on the class schedule booklet and academic calendar.
- Non-payment - you or financial aid didn't pay.
- You didn't attend the class.
- Your request is based upon the fact that you are accepted into another college or incarceration.
- It is passed the 75 day deadline.
- If your account is in collections, you will need to file a dispute with the collection agency.
Note: All tuition appeals are reviewed by a committee that meets bi-weekly. You will be notified by mail of the results of their decision within 30 days after you have filed your appeal.
`Filing a tuition appeal does not guarantee that you will receive a tuition refund. It also does not mean you will be able to register for classes until all past due balances have been removed from your account; either by appeal approval or payment from you.`