The TRIO Student Support Services Program (TRIO SSS) is a federally funded program designed to support students with a goal to transfer to a four-year institution.
TRIO goals are to:
- Increase the transfer rate of eligible students from two-year to four-year institutions; and
- Foster a supportive environment for students who have limited English speaking skills, students from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in post secondary education: those with disabilities, homeless children and youth, foster care youth, or other disconnected students; and
- Improve the financial and economic literacy of students in areas such as:
- Basic personal income, household money management, and financial planning skills; and
- Basic economic decision-making skills.
To be considered for the TRIO program:
Qualifying students are academically disadvantaged and:
- Demonstrate a commitment/ability to transfer and obtain a bachelors degree (within a 6 year maximum time frame) and
- [Meet income guidelines] and/or
- First Generation (i.e., neither of your parents graduated from a college or university with a bachelor degree or higher) and/or
- Have a [documented disability]
The final determination of membership is made by the Director of the Learning Center.
- First Time Freshman status is preferred.
- First year participants are accepted on a probationary * status.
* We reserve the right to dismiss a student from the program due to poor grades or any other violations of the TRiO-SSS participation agreement.