An e-Learning start-up session is an orientation session for your online class. Most often the sessions are held online through Blackboard. If the session is offered in person, they usually last about an hour.
During the session students will:
- meet the instructor,
- be introduced to the course requirements,
- **learn** how the instructor will communicate (email, mail, phone...),
- **learn** the instructor's preferred method of turning in/retrieving assignments,
- **learn** procedures for testing and grading,
- attendance policy/procedure,
- if / when on campus review sessions will take place.
**Note:** If you are unable to attend a start-up session, contact the instructor to see if an individual meeting can be arranged or there may be other options for you.*